Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Video Game Idea

Two Cents Worth
This post is about creating a video game that would let the gamer design a school and build onto it. The gamer would run the school daily, earn money and use the money to add onto the building or to buy things that the classrooms need. I find it interesting because I play games like that on my phone and I think this would be a fun game for new or aspiring teachers to play. The other three comments consisted of the same ideas that I commented on. They said it would be a great idea and that the goal is a very good one. The one just said that there will be a need for detail and fine-tuning, which is true.
This was my comment on the blog:
I think that is an excellent idea for a game. I get addicted to all of those types of games, where you have to run or manage some type of store or restaurant. I think the most popular game on Facebook is Farmville which has the same basic goal to it. Even though the timing and work load in the game would not be representative of real life but I think it would help new or aspiring teachers to get a glimpse of what its like. I think it would be important to see that the school has to be built and did not just come into existence. This could be a deciding factor when students are deciding their majors. Who would play it? I think a lot of young people would. Make it a mobile app and even more people would play it. Good ideas you have there!

1 comment:

  1. I agree that it might be a very popular game, but wouldn't it be more productive to participate in the well-being of an actual school instead of spending valuable time creating & maintaining an imaginary one?

    ReplyDelete