Thursday, September 29, 2011

Digital Storytelling

A digital story is a personal story about a person, place, thing or experience that is created with media including pictures, videos, sound and music.  They are useful in education because they can examine historical events, explore a time period or show a science exploration. It helps the visual learning students to see what they are learning brought to life and added to a personal story with audio and visual aids. They promote thoughtful and emotional writing. I do not have much experience with digital stories. My teachers in school sometimes showed videos but not often and I have never created one. All I have used close to it is power point in my graphics design class in high school. Generally I think digital stories could be very helpful in classrooms. Kids retain information more when they see it from different angles and from different sources about the same topic. Visual students can benefit from this by seeing their topics in school being brought to life in a story. I do not really have any questions right now but I probably will later when I try to make one since I never made one before.

2 comments:

  1. The closest I have made to one is a power point also. So i agree that this is a better way for students to see different sides of things. It will really help with education and create a more personal experience to guide education.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Digital story telling would be great in an elementary classroom because you could have students make very very basic projects with them. Or you can use them to instead of reading a book to the class take that book and make it a digital story. This would be helpful because you could emphasize different words and highlight different words so they can actually see the words maybe sound words out and such if you trying to teach the students how to read. This could be a great and interesting lesson.

    ReplyDelete